Thursday, January 28, 2010

7 1/2 weeks

This weeks raves:

1. Sleep.

My child, who has had iffy sleeping habits from day one, slept from 8 pm until 2:30 am last night.

I am not sure if it will last. But crossing my fingers.

BTW, those with newborns who are super jealous right now....i.e. J and D - Don't be. I woke up 2 hours into this 6 1/2 hour sleeping spree as usual. She was not up. I was concerned. I checked on her. She was alive. I laid in bed, awake thinking any second she would wake up, so why bother falling asleep. She did not wake up, in fact. So I wasted 4 of those precious hours....Oh well. I will learn.

Regardless, I am still thankful because I believe, it happened once, it will happen again.

2. I HAVE come up with the perfect nickname for H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally. I am big on nicknames, and when all else fails, I use the first initial. I hate calling people by real names....it seems so formal. Yes, I am a freak..whatever.

I was horrible with B, and could only come up with versions of monkey - like Monkaroo, and monkety, which has now all been shortened to monk. Boring I know....

but H has hit the jackpot of heinousness!!!!!! She is now referred to as Ghetto Blaster.

Come on.

You carry her around with you and she is loud.

So it is not uncommon to hear this phrase mentioned:

"Hey! someone shove a plug in ghetto blaster" (This means, get her a bottle)


Rants:

Websites you have to register for where you have to input your birthday, but your option for the year is a scroll box. AND THE BOX HAS THE CURRENT YEAR FIRST!

I was only born in 77, which in the grand scheme of people alive today is not that long ago!!!!!!!!! But I had to scroll through 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007............................................you get the picture. Yes, in reality it took me 10 seconds maybe, but those are 10 seconds I could have used to pee.

And seriously, is anyone using the computer born in 2010?????????????????? Just put a damn box where I can type in my own 4 digits and lets move on.

2. Security codes online. Yes. I get the purpose. But maybe you can make them so I can read them?

and I LOVE how they say by the "type here" box: "If you can't read this, click here for a new one"

F you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure we have the technology to fix this.

But come on, I am trying to comment on someones blog, not break into the FBI files. Let's get it together.

2 comments:

Jennifer Johnson said...

OMG!! I LOVE IT!! Ghetto Blaster! Too funny girl. Although the ghetto blaster must be out of batteries when we see her. haha!

I am jealous of your 6 hour sleep. So jealous. Nuff said.

Linda G said...

Give Monk and GB hugs and kisses from Gpa & GmaG