I am totally assuming that when I was growing up, I was a total pain in the ass.
I am also pretty sure that is standard.
I am not sure what my most irritating feature was but I know that, like all teenagers, I knew everything. I can remember regardless of what my mother said to me, always responding with a bitchy "I know". I could be asking for her help with something and I probably would have answered her with "I know".
I think I am pretty lucky, because my older kids are now 15 and 13, and I am just starting to get extreme ridiculous out of them.
I will save Janee for another day because frankly I don't have that kind of time....
But Jesse is going through this phase where not only does he know everything but if you tell him something you are calling him stupid - and actually Friday, I mentioned to the kids that they can rent a movie if they want to pay for it themselves and Jesse's actual angry response was "I know and stop calling me ignorant"
WTF?
Last night I was cooking 3 meals and Mike asked Jesse to get him some mustard, so I was figuring while Jesse was in there he could get the milk, so I said "Hey Jesse while your in there, could you get the milk?" to which he responded with "I am getting it, I am not stupid"
Ironically when the garbage disposal broke, Mike used hand motions and explicit instructions explaining the 2 simple steps to Jess, to fix it....I sat terrified while Mike spoke knowing Jesse was about to fly off the handle because Mike clearly was calling him the scum of the earth....
Jesse went in, fixed the garbage disposal and came back out.
Clearly Jesse must hate only me.....Oh well.
Mike "Did you find the spot to stick the wrench in?"
Jesse "What spot?"
Mike "The spot underneath the garbage disposal, like I said" using a hand motion for underneath
Jesse "You never said down there, you just said underneath so I stuck it into the garbage disposal and jiggled it around"
Mike "Since when does underneath the garbage disposal mean inside the garbage disposal?"
Jesse with voice getting louder and more irritated "Next time you want to tell me to do something you need to be more clear and give me better instructions - I don't know what you mean when you say underneath something" etc etc etc....." and then proceeded to storm away.
Wait, I don't get it, if we explain to you in detail, aren't we calling you stupid?? I am so confused....
This is going to be a fun one...
No comments:
Post a Comment