Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My little Conehead <3

Ultrasound # 1 was today.




Tell me it isn't the most handsome (boy) or Cute (girl) conehead baby you have ever seen?


Or maybe terodactil? See the "mouth" on the left and its "cone" on the right?


The technician (who was not fond of my by the way) estimated me at 7 weeks 3 days.


Not far off from the Dr. and my estimate.


I had my checkup with Dr. Walker yesterday. Papsmear, bloodwork, ect. She said everything looks good. Her estimated due date on me prior to U/S was December 9th.


She went over the C-section vs. vaginal labor deal, and she pushed for C-section as well. She says there is a risk of tearing open your incision, so she suggests C-section. Fine with me.


She does the C-sections about a week before EDD to lower the risk of respiratory problems so keeping an accurate check on the baby via u/s is a must. And also, due to my prior emergency C-section...which she still is unsure of the issue. Consequently, once I am farther along, I will need to be checked out.


So - that is it for baby update. No Dr. appt till May 26th, so I sit and wait and continue to barf!

3 comments:

Jennifer Johnson said...

And a beautiful conehead he/she is! Yay for December 9th! :)

kim said...

Awww... I am in love already. :)

I hope the next month flies by.

Liz Hall said...

I had the same thing. Had a c with the first baby. Dr. pushed for C with second but I still tried for VBAC for 4 whole hours, ended up doing a C again. DIdn't want to take the chance of the uterine rupture if they put me on pitocin.