Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life is not fair.

I am totally at a loss as to what to do with Janee.

Where I am right now is just instant outburst every time she does it and that is non productive as far as teaching her to not do it goes, however it is very productive in getting her to shut up and go pout in the corner, leaving me with silence. 

Nothing is fair. e.v.e.r.

I treat EVERYONE else better than her and poor her.

May I present you with a few examples from the last 24 hours alone?

30 minutes before dinner Jesse comes home from football practice and weights and starts making a protein shake.  He will still eat 2 pounds of dinner so that is fine.

Janee asks if she can make 1 - no because we are eating dinner in 30 minutes. It is not fair.

I give each of the men 2 rolls with dinner. That equals 4, plus 1 for me, 1 for Harlee, 1 for Brody and 1 for Janee. That equals 8, the total in the roll container. "How come everyone else in the house gets 2 rolls but me?"  It is not fair.

Jesse's girlfriend gave him an Ipod for his birthday. It is not fair.

Janee spent the night at a friend's house and we happened to order a pizza. "YOU pizza without ME????!?" evil eyes....It is not fair.

The thing is, it all is fair. We know this.

If she would comment and leave it alone, it wouldn't bug me as much but instead she voices her opinion and then proceeds to be a nightmare for at least 3 hours afterwards.....

Teenagers......sigh........It is not fair....

2 comments:

Kelli said...

She sounds just like my stepsister. :[ Teenagers suck.

Linda G said...

Teen girls are FUN. I know that the dinner roll story was just to make a point, but in cases like that, what if you gave B&H each 1/2 of a roll and then you and the Drama Queen could each have 1-1/2 rolls (also just to make a point that maybe there's a compromise in there someplace)